Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where's the pit??

Everyday when Alex gets home he gives Alexa a plum from our tree. I've never seen this ritual but from what he tells me it's fun to watch. Yesterday while I was holding her he gave her a plum and she started eating it and this is how our conversation went.....

(Kerri) So what do you do with the pit when you give her these??
(Alex) when she starts to suck on it I get it out of her mouth.
(Kerri) OH, I didn't see you take it from her.
(Alex) I didn't yet.....
(Kerri) Really??!?! Cause it's gone!

Yep, she swallowed a plum pit. While searching the Internet to see if it would be harmful I noticed hundreds of parents have stumbled upon the same situation. She swallowed it at 4p and Monday and by 10a it was out, good as new. It's a good thing my girl is regular, she has never had a problem going and this time was no different!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Dads are fun!!!

Corrina Hale said...

Been there! Jaron would give us the pit...until he stopped and ate it instead. Last month is was
cherry pits =)

Unknown said...

Who Knew!!!

When Tommy was about 16 months old he happened upon a pile of tacks (The small nail type) that I had fallen behind the desk- I heard this cackling sound it was several of them clicking together as they went down his throat- it was awful, I seriously thought he was going to die!! I got a great X ray picture out of it, and they told me to check his diapers for like 2 weeks, (After 24 hours had passed), I checked, thoroughly and I never saw anything, i am hoping they came out in that first 24 hours...