Monday, October 20, 2008

What a day!!

Ok, so you know movies like "Meet the Fockers"...I've always hated them because I couldn't believe so many bad things could happen to one person......until today!!!! It started out as simple as could be. We went to Alexa's check up, she came home and slept for 1 1/2 hours, life was great. Then at 1p we went to target and had the oil on my car changed while we shopped (at the corner shop there). When we came back the owner of the shop said they had broken the cap to the oil filter and had to order a part that wouldn't be in til tomorrow. He told me he was sorry and that he would pay for a rental car since it was there fault (totally admire him taking the blame). 1/2 hour later the rental place picks me up and drives me to where my car is. While entering my info in their system she asked me for my valid DL. I'm like, what do you mean....she notified me that mine expired on my birthday, 7 days ago....opps!!! the rental guy drove me to the DMV where i waited another hour to get through the line. After that he drove me back to the rental place and I was on my way home. When I got home I realized my keys were on my keyring at the oil changing place....REALLY!!??!? Got my keys and headed out to the "Yes on 8" rally and drove up right when they finished. Literally heard the guy thanking everyone for coming. I found Alex and the baby and we headed to the rental car. I used the remote to open the doors and put her in the back seat to buckle her in and threw the keys and my bag up to the front seat like i always do with my car. I buckled her in and closed the door at the same time alex tried to open his door. and then I tried to open my door.....but it was LOCKED!!!!! my kid was locked inside the car with the keys on the front seat. I don't understand how the heck they locked. It had to be open at some point to put my kid in. icalled 911 and AAA at the same time fighting back the tears because at this point she started crying too......ughhh!!! luckily they made it in about 5 minutes, it felt like 60 minutes and everything was fine!!!! I made alex take me out to dinner cause i was spent!!!! anything and everything i touched today turned rotten, hopefully the curse is over at midnight!!

6 comments:

The Millers said...

Kerri I am so sorry!!! I totally understand how you feel about meet the faukers, I hate it! But I am sorry!!!

Aaron and Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! That really is a mother's worst nightmare! Now you get to go and enjoy the good days that much more. What's the plan for mom's birthday?

Unknown said...

Oh Kerri! I had the worst day ever yesterday too!! It was just one thing after another,I've had a wicked sinus infection that affects the whole left side of my face and head- and I made an appt. to see a Dr. yesterday morning and the kids were out of school, so I got to bring 4 boys with me, I couldn't find my car keys so I called to cancel the appt. and then I found them and called to be seen again, and then when I got there my stupid card was declined because between Jim & I we spent $750 on remodeling stuff this weekend, and didn't realize what the other had spent!! (it was easily fixed just a matter of shifting money... but they don't know that!) I couldn't find Chases' shoes, so he was barefoot- the receptionist called the billing office to see if it was okay that I saw the Dr. even though my card was declined she said loud enough for the waiting room to hear, I told them I would bring cash back that afternoon! (And I did). I still feel like crap even though I am on antibiotics and when I called Jim to tell him what happened, he said "Why are you going to the Dr?" Hello!! We (the boys and I) moved back into our house over the weekend, and we only have 1 bathroom and the hot water to the sink doesn't work, it serves as our kitchen too, since we have no kitchen sink, no dw, no mw, and no oven/stove. But we have a fridge!! So I get it sweetie, and you deserve a few meals out for that day!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Hollye said...

Holy Cow that is all some crazy stuff! I am glad all is well, now.
Yea and about that lube place by Target in Chico, Before Stephen was in the picture, I took my car there to get the oil changed and I got no further than the Brewery and my Car was Putting!!! They forgot to put oil back into the car after taking the oil out!!! or maybe they forgot the filter, what ever it was, it was bad for my car! I am so surprised they are still open for pete's sake!! I promise to set aside a day to picket that place with you, when we come to visit (when ever that is ugh)
Hugs

Jen said...

Oh Kerri, sounds like my life. I'm so sorry that that happened to you!

Tammy said...

Ugh...what a terrible day....sorry.