Monday, March 18, 2013

She's FIVE!

Can you believe how quickly time flies by?!?  I really do stop and think sometimes and wonder if I'm missing it all, do I worry more about the schedule of life??  Speech, dance, preschool, cleaning, laundry......am I really enjoying the here and now?!?!  I want to absorb every part of this girl and her life and I'm afraid I'll wake up one day and she'll be married.  Ughhhh, I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the little things. 
 
Alexa has really turned out to be a sweet, thoughtful, generous big sister and daughter.  Last night I set up the dining room table with balloons, flowers, streamers and a donut and when she saw it this morning she turned to me with such excitement and joy and said "Is this all for me??"  When I told her yes she hugged me a REAL hug and with such gratitude thanked me over and over again. 
 
She'll start kindergarten this year and I know I will be a crying mother, I never thought I would, but for some reason I know I will.  The joys of life are all around us, because of my 2 little girls, I know there is more to enjoy and do then the "schedule" of our lives!! 
 
 I love you Alexa, happy 5th birthday!!
 

 


You can't have a birthday without a tiara and sash!!

3 comments:

Clint C. said...

What a sweetheart. I didn't realize she and Trace are so close in age! He will turn 5 on April 15th.

Jen said...

I love that sweet little girl! So glad that she had such a great day!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Wow 5! So fabulous! I love that tiara and sash! Happy birthday Alexa! Xoxo