Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm so sorry!


Have you ever done something that you feel guilty about later (who hasn't!!)? This is one of mine. Our baby has been sick for about 5 days now. It started out as a stuffy nose (thought she was teething) then I put the humidifier in her room and it turned to a stuffy nose and cough.....I really don't think humidifiers work. So for the last couple days I have been trying cough syrups to help knock her out and control the cough so she could get to sleep. Although I knew she was tired she would not sleep. We resorted to putting her in bed with us and she would sleep a few hours but was always wide awake in the middle of the night. I couldn't figure it out. Last night she went to bed at 7ish (after really no naps all day) and woke up at 8. stayed up til 10 and then slept til 12am and was up til 230. after that horrible night she was up at 7a. I was exhausted, how was she not?!?!? I was praying for some help, wanting so badly for her to get the sleep she needs to heal herself when a thought came to my mind....read the labels again. what??? i already did.........read the labels again. so i went in there and was reading when i saw a sentence that was almost highlighted! "may cause sleeplessness or nervousness". Opps!! The syrup that everyone uses to knock their kid out was actually keeping mine from sleeping. We decided to go medicine free today and she took 3 naps today, all about 2 hours each. She has been sleeping since 8p and has really only had 2 coughing spells....both she slept through. Now our only problem is that she wants to be held or in our bed.....this is gonna be fun!!!

5 comments:

Corina said...

Ahh, don't feel bad Kerri, you never know how they will react to the medicine the first time. She sure is getting big, and such a cutie!

Unknown said...

oh i'm sorry... :( some of the meds do make my kids more hyper, and some will actually knock them out. you just need to find out through trial and error which ones do that to yours. hope she starts to feel better soon, it's always a bummer when a little baby is sick and they can't tell you what hurts. i can't tell you how many times i have thought one of my kids just had a cold or something, and finally i would bring them in and they would have a huge earache!! then i would feel horrible, of course. other than that, how is the moving going? do you have an idea when you will be up there?

Jana said...

That is too funny! Well, it's really not funny... Good thing she'll never remember. She is getting bigger and cuter everytime I see pictures!

Chelsi said...

Oh man. I hate it when I do something that "hurts" Madisyn. I feel so bad! But, you didn't do it on purpose of course. It could have happened to anyone Best of all, you prayed for her. What a great mommy! Sometimes all he wants us to do is ASK and he's ready with the answer. Good thing someone knows all the answers :)

Unknown said...

Ohh Kerri! Some meds are tricky taht way it's all hit and miss until you try it and know- the best is when you find what works- you NEVER forget that one!!!

I am glad she is doing better!! Sleep is so important!!!