Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Home

Well we were sent to Children's Hosp in Oakland to see Dr. Sun who is a neurosurgeon to look and Madilynns MRI. They wouldn't let me drive her so we had to take an ambulance all the way. I didn't want to let her go alone so I rode with them and left my car in Sacramento. When we got there they got the MRI together and let Dr. Sun take a look at the MRI, he didn't feel the need to operate but said we'd talk Wednesday morning in his office. I was so relieved. The next morning I went to talk to him and he said not only is the opening of her skull small, but it has a little piece of bone sticking out, so her brain stem/spinal cord isn't straight and it's cramped into a small opening. On the MRI the cord should be all grey, but hers had a little bit of white and that is the softening of the cord. He didn't feel it necessary to operate because as of now she is not showing any signs of the cord damage. He wants us to go back for another MRI in 4-6 weeks unless she starts showing those signs then we'll get in sooner. Some kids as they grow the opening grows as well and it works itself out. After we talked the let us go at the exact time my parents and Lexie arrived to pick us up. We drove back to Sacramento to get my car and then home. I brought a gift home for the hospital, a cough and fever......thanks alot!! I'm just excited to be home and hope we don't have to go back too soon. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, we have amazing friends and family!!! Love you all!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

No surgery is a good thing to hear. We're keeping Maddie in our prayers and hoping no surgery in the future. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Becky said...

I'm so glad you are finally home. It must be so nice.

I'm sending love your way!

Jen said...

I am so glad that you are home! I know everyone is offering, but if there is anything that I can do, please let me know! Love you all!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you are so relieved to be home. I am keeping Maddie in my prayers! I hope you feel better soon also!

Hollye said...

Whew....Thank you Thank you!!! Love you all Tons! I hope you feel better soon Mama... See you soon!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Thank goodness no surgery! I can't even tell u how much I prayed for Maddie! Please call me if you need anything! Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery on your fever, yuck!

Nancy said...

What a long and crazy ride! You guys are a strong and amazing family. Maddie is such an adorable little trooper. It must be hard with so many things completely out of your control. Those things may be out of our control, but nothing is out of the Lord's control. Stay strong! Hugs & love to you all!!