Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight


Well, I thought the book was ok, but the movie was so much worse!! I gave it a 2 out of 5 stars. Here's my review.......
The only character that was kinda right was Bella's dad. His character was entertaining but much younger and skinnier than my mind imagined. Bella was the worse actress EVER!! In the book she was to be beautiful without knowing it, she was so not. She doesn't open her mouth when she talks and has one look for all her emotions. Alice was cute but too big, she was suppose to be tiny. Rosolie wasn't nearly beautiful enough. Edward.....just not perfect enough. The way it was cut from the book made no sense. All of a sudden they were in love and couldn't live without each other. The high school was too big and much too diverse. Part of the relationship between Bella and her dad is how she cooks and cleans for him, that never happened, they ate at the diner every night (and stephanie meyer had a cameo in the diner). Emmett was ok, but jasper looked weird the whole movie. i could go on forever!! didn't love the movie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this review- it's nice to hear someone be honest- the books were annoying to me- but I'm not a teenager anymore, I might have loved it when I was 15 or 14, but it just bugged me what a huge fuss everyone made of it- and it wasn't all that.

Anyway thanks for the review...

Tammy said...

I hear ya. I actually enjoyed the movie and the book, but I think you're especially right on about how all of a sudden they were in love - that bugged me. There was no relationship built in the movie. Your assessment of the characters is right, but for some reason I was still able to like them (which I was worried about, seeing as Edward is totally unattractive).