Monday, March 29, 2010

Some hot chicks!!!

We've been talking about getting some chickens for a while now and today daddy brought some home!!! Lexie was very happy to have new friends and didn't want to leave them to eat dinner. Hopefully we'll have just 1 male in the bunch and the rest will lay eggs!!! Nothing like fresh eggs! Our biggest fear will be some other animals killing them for dinner. Birds, racoons and foxes love chickens as much as we do.....tastey!

PS...I did video and pictures since the video wont transfer to a book.









3 comments:

Hollye said...

Such a sweet post! I love how she is sitting there, on the edge of her seat, just ready to hold one...she is so cute, Kerri. Have fun with those chickens ;0))) Did you ever know about our duck in Texas? LOL Save it for another day...LOL Baby ducks and chickens are so soft and cute, and even cuter to see little kids around them.. the sweet things in life...ahhhhh BIG HUGS! HAPPY EASTER!!
PS
ever since you posted that thing on FB about the blog I have been trying to stop by more often;0) Your so good at posting! I love it cause, when I get sick of writing I just stop by to see you guys...LOL Thanx for posting ;0)

Corina said...

Those are so cute!! I wish we could have chickens here, but our yard is way too small.

Holly Walton said...

Oh my they are so cute...I would never be able to eat them. Lexie will have so much fun with them!!