Tuesday, February 18, 2014

No Bake Chewy Granola Bars

 
Went grocery shopping yesterday and somehow forgot to get Granola Bars (boy did I hear it from my 5 year old).  So this morning we decided to make our own.  Honestly I stole from about 5 recipes to make this one, it was fast and easy and will get the calories figured out and posted on here as well.  Try it out and let me know what you think, let me know if you added anything too! 
 
 

 

 

Ingredients


  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 cups oats (I used gluten free because I had them on hand)
  • 1 cup Rice Krispies
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1.In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar with the honey and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.

2.Add the granola, rice cereal, and almonds to the saucepan and fold the ingredients to evenly coat with the sauce. Once cooled a bit add Chocolate chips. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly to evenly fill. Let the granola mixture set until firm, about 15 minutes, then cut into 12 bars.

No comments: